Australian Tropical Herbarium Plant Identification Workshops
Plant Identification Workshops
Australian Tropical Herbarium
- About the Herbarium
Research and Programs
- Theme 1 – Tropical Biodiversity Science
- Theme 2 – Education, Knowledge Capture and Translation, Expert Advice
- Theme 3 –Biodiversity in a Changing World
- Theme 4 – Economic Botany
- Theme 5 – Tropical Biosecurity
- Tropical Indigenous Ethnobotany Centre (TIEC)
- Online Keys to Australian Tropical Rainforest Plants
- Plant Identification Workshops
- Public Reference Collection
- Herbarium Staff
The Australian Tropical Herbarium and the Wet Tropics Management Authority present Australian Tropical Rainforest Plants – Plant Identification Short Courses.
Our courses are open to the public, and teach skills in rainforest plant identification. Our courses are developed for the interested layperson. We teach how to examine and identify plants using freely available resources.
These courses are ideal for the interested layperson, and will be of special interest to rangers, school science teachers, state and local government land managers and anyone with an interest in tropical Australia’s incredible biodiversity.
Public course dates are yet to be confirmed for 2021, pending COVID19 restrictions.
For groups of five or more, we can run specially tailored two or three day plant identification courses – contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Morning tea and lunch
James Cook University Cairns, Nguma-bada Campus
Full Introductory Module
Further information, prices and registration
Rainforest Plant ID Course
Phone: (07) 4232 1837