Australian Tropical Herbarium Datasets
Australian Tropical Herbarium
- About the Herbarium
Research and Programs
- Theme 1 – Tropical Biodiversity Science
- Theme 2 – Education, Knowledge Capture and Translation, Expert Advice
- Theme 3 –Biodiversity in a Changing World
- Theme 4 – Economic Botany
- Theme 5 – Tropical Biosecurity
- Tropical Indigenous Ethnobotany Centre (TIEC)
- Online Keys to Australian Tropical Rainforest Plants
- Plant Identification Workshops
- Public Reference Collection
- Herbarium Staff
Checklist of the vascular flora of the Sunda-Sahul Convergence Zone
This is a working checklist of vascular plants for the Sunda-Sahul Convergence Zone (comprising Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Brunei and Vietnam) coded into nested biogeographic region, as published in Joyce et al. 2020 (Biodiversity Data Journal).
The list was compiled from 24 flora volumes, online databases and unpublished plot data. Taxonomic nomenclature was updated, and each species was coded into nested biogeographic regions. The list includes 60,475 species in 5,138 genera and 366 families of vascular plants.
For list of sources and complete details on methodology of list compilation, please refer to Joyce et al. 2020. This dataset is available as a spreadsheet saved in both MS Excel (.xlsx) and Open Document (.ods) formats.
Joyce, E.M.; Thiele, K.R.; Slik, J.W.F.; Crayn, D.M. (2020): Checklist of the vascular flora of the Sunda-Sahul Convergence Zone v1.1. James Cook University. (dataset). http://dx.doi.org/10.25903/5ea0dd85f8ea9